A forward-thinking organisation based in Billingham is looking for a is looking for an Operations and Finance Administrator to join their team. They need an individual who is confident, conscientious and hard-working.
The Operations and Finance Administrator is involved in all administrative aspects of the business, from sales order processing, production scheduling, purchasing, stock management and despatch, to sales and purchase ledger control, accounts support and general admin.
Although, some elements of Finance Administration will be part of the role, the main responsibilities will be on the Operations side.
- Sales Order processing
- Production job card generation
- Updating the monthly sales forecast
- Communicating with customers
- Creating purchase orders, placing orders for raw materials, equipment and consumables
- Liaising with existing and new suppliers
- Generation of shipping documentation and arranging delivery and courier services
- Tracking of goods in transit and ensuring on-time delivery; liaising with customs and goods-in departments
- Providing Admin support and assistance to the Managing Director and Sales team
- Providing routine and ad-hoc support to the Financial Controller including issuing sales invoices, inputting purchase invoices to the ledger, debt chasing, month-end reconciliations and ad-hoc analysis & reporting.
The successful candidate should be enthusiastic with good interpersonal and organisational skills; willing to learn, self-motivated and able to plan their day to achieve a variety of tasks.
Experience with the use of accountancy packages and familiarity with accountancy terms would be desirable, as well as strong IT skills in Excel and Word in particular.