Design Engineer, Northallerton, £35,000
A manufacturer in Northallerton is recruiting for a Design Engineer to design and develop their products and to provide technical and engineering support to their customers and onsite teams.
- Efficient and effective design and development of their products in accordance with businesses processes that comply with customer, stakeholder and regulatory requirements for safety, quality, performance, cost and delivery.
- Generate accurate equipment and component drawings to the required level of detail, tolerancing and information to support the manufacturing purchasing processes, approval and customer requirements.
- Create product data including technical specifications, technical construction files, bills of material and bills of process.
- Execute engineering changes in accordance with business processes.
- Provide technical and engineering support to customers and colleagues both on-site and remotely via telephone and/or email communication to address enquiries and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Work to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency and delivery.
- Provide timely feedback to line leader supervisor manager on any technical or quality issues that arise.
- Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the required system.
- Ensure all manufacturing, QHSE and business documentation is completed accurately to the required standard in a timely manner.
- Adhere to general housekeeping and 5S rules ensuring a clean, tidy and organized working environment is maintained at all times.
- Attend functional and business meetings as required and support other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
- 2-3 years’ experience of working as a Design Engineer in an industrial product manufacturing and supply environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of design processes including; New Product Development (NPD), Design for Manufacture (DFM), Design for Service (DFS) and Change Management Control.
- Knowledge and understanding of CE marking including the Machinery Directive, Technical Construction File (FCF) and safety standards requirements.
- Experience of using design soft packages, preferably Solidworks, 2D Draughting and PDM packages
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines, with flexible approach to working hours and a motivated team player.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and engagement with internal external teams, stakeholders and customers.
- Process driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture and understanding of lean manufacturing tools techniques.
- Strong effective decision making, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent logical reasoning, root cause analysis, deductive problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Good communication & IT skills
- Full and current UK driving license
Hours: 8am-4pm Monday to Thursday and 8-2pm on a Friday, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays