Office Supervisor (Sales & Purchase Ledger), New Romney,
A business in New Romney is recruiting for an Officer Supervisor to manage and support the sales office and ensure that the sales ledger invoices are inputted accurately and to stringent deadlines. You will also oversee the purchase and sales ledger roles. For the right individual this position could progress to an Office Manager’s position
- Supporting and overseeing the setting up of new accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Supporting the producing invoices.
- Supporting & overseeing the dealing with invoicing queries in an effective and timely manner. (UK/Imports & Exports)
- Overseeing the House keeping of in-house database (Dimensions).
- Maintaining confidentiality of the department and using discretion where necessary.
- Supervising and supporting the processing of invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders.
Supporting & covering the Finance Manger regarding the duties below:
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Assist in the preparation of purchase summaries.
- Process business expense returns.
- Cashbook and petty cash cheques
- Processing BACS payments.
- Ensuring good relations and communications with all members of the team and responding politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers.
- Working and Supporting all members of team to maintain and develop the positive progressive culture within the Specials Laboratory.
- Observing and complying with GDPR.
- Observing and complying with company Health and Safety Policies.
- Good people and communication skills
- Excellent data entry skills – fast and accurate.
- Good working knowledge of software packages like Excel, Sage and BACS
- Exceptionally high standards with meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organised and a ‘completer-finisher’.
- A flexible team player with the ability to work proactively.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- A self-starter with a positive, enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude and a down to earth approachable manner.
- A problem solver with the ability to assume responsibility and act on own initiative.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to work accurately in a busy, demanding environment, whilst adhering to stringent deadlines. :
- Ideally a minimum 3 years office supervisor experience
- Demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar environment(s)
- Be flexible and adaptable to any new situations.