Company Accountant, 12 months Maternity Cover, Skipton area, £40-45,000
An established construction business is recruiting for a Company Accountant for a 12-14 month maternity contract. To be considered you should be able to commit to the 12-14months and be an experienced qualified or qualified by experience hands-on accountant.
Reporting to the MD and Construction Director, you will be directly responsible for the financial management of the business, working as a member of the senior management team to assist in the efficient and effective running of the company, ensuring the timely delivery to management of accurate financial reports and information to support the decision-making process. You will have one report.
- Managing the day-to-day operation of the accounts department and ensuring the efficient running of the Sage 50 Accounts system
- Management of the company finances - including maintenance of the fixed asset register, balance sheet reconciliations, calculation of accruals, prepayments, and depreciation, forecasting cash flow and allocation of costs and overheads to the relevant projects.
- Preparation of the management accounts pack for presentation to the directors at monthly board meetings, including variance analysis and commentary.
- Preparation of year-end financial accounts to trial balance for the company’s external accountants and assisting them in the process.
- Maintenance of the sales ledger – liaising with the project managers to prepare sales invoices and applications for payment, credit control, cash allocation and management of retentions.
- Maintenance of the purchase ledger – monthly reconciliation of supplier accounts and processing month end payments to suppliers and sub-contractors
- Monthly valuation of work in progress and preparation of job costing reports
- Undertake monthly reviews with Project Managers of job performance against forecast and analysis of variances.
- Daily reconciliation of the company’s bank accounts and ongoing review of cash flow.
- Annual review of overhead expenditure with the Managing Director and setting of budgets for the forthcoming year.
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of Company VAT returns
- Preparation and submission of monthly CIS returns, including issuing of CIS deduction statements to sub-contractors.
- Monthly reconciliation of PAYE/NI/CIS liabilities and ensuring payment is made on time.
- Preparation and distribution of Payroll Year End P11d and P11d(b) documentation, and payment of resulting liabilities
- Preparation and submission of annual CITB Levy return
- Manage inter-company transactions and balances.
- General Company Secretarial duties, such as filing of annual Confirmation Statements for 4 group companies.
- Liaising with company insurers in relation to ongoing claims, general queries, and renewal of the Company’s various policies
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or qualified by experience.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Sage 50 Accounts is essential
- Ideally will have good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Hours: 40 hours per week, flexible working hours, hours between 7.30am-6pm