Senior Estimator / Pre-Contract QS, Boroughbridge, £40,000
Due to growth an established business is looking to appoint a Senior Estimator/Pre-Contract Quantity Surveyor
This is a newly created role and you will report to their Bid and Estimating Manager to ensure all bids are priced competitively and in accordance with company overhead and recovery requirements.
You will be responsible for supporting the Commercial Team in fully preparing priced submissions and supporting in production of forecasts, budget information and handover packs.
You will provide comprehensive quotations and quality bids for the products and services that they deliver and actively chase work tendered and secure work to meet company objectives and budgets.
You will also be responsible for building relationships with prospective and existing customers to identify and secure further opportunities and representing the business in a professional manner
- Producing accurate quotations using the current procedures and submit quotations on time, ability to undertake take off from drawings/plans and produce bill of quantities to clients satisfaction.
- Ensure information provided to allow the quote register and tender settlement sheet information to be completed for every tender submitted.
- Chase tenders submitted to determine who was successful and if our price was competitive.
- Managing relationships with customers to build customer relations and post relevant comments onto commercial diaries.
- Ensuring all contract hand over information is completed accurately and passed to the relevant department on time.
- Contribution of management information for review at monthly meetings.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks or duties as requested by management.
- Post tender negotiation / analysis in preparation for entering new contracts
- Analysis and pricing of scheme work within existing frameworks
- Checking of measures against bills, drawings, specifications to ensure adherence and to identify risks and / or opportunities
- Commercial and contract awareness is essential
- Health and Safety and environmental awareness. JCT, ICE, NEC awareness preferred.
- A CSCS Card is required. Full Clean Driving Licence.
- Knowledge and understanding of effective customer care.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, be a team player and have good communication and computer skills particularly Word, Excel.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
- Ability to work to deadlines