My client, a specialist Power Engineer, Construction and Design Services organisation is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join their dynamic organisation. To provide commercial and contractual support to manage infrastructure projects in line with agreed contractual arrangements and obligations.
Some other duties of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of the tender and contract documents for Civil and Electrical engineering works, including bills of quantities, and undertake cost analysis, along with assisting in establishing a client's requirements.
- Delivery of pre-contract services across the business, providing help in formulating cost plans for individual projects and appropriate budgeting
- Ensure contractual arrangements are adhered to and variations managed efficiently.
- To work in partnership with the delivery teams to understand project requirements, including all contract management and administration for the business area you support.
- Report on monthly performance against key measures and targets, risks and opportunities.
- Support the Head of Commercial in contract interpretation and dispute resolution to deliver cost effective solutions for the business.
- Forecast and control spend on projects using commercial acumen to value works delivering efficiencies in line with agreed performance criteria.
- Implement key measures and commercial practises in line with the internal control manual.
- Assist and advise Head of Commercial and other Managers of potential risks, proposing suitable mitigation, and administer in line with company risk process and record in appropriate systems
- Lead in the evaluation of tenders to ensure that cost effective solutions are delivered in line with business plan
- Drive business performance through continuous improvements in how we manage commercial contracts which align to the business plan.
The successful candidate will hold the following skills/qualifications:
- Excellent verbal, numerical and written skills.
- Analytical & able to interpret numerical data
- Working knowledge of construction contract terms including NEC, IET and JCT.
- Cost value construction project reporting, project management accounts, cost control and forecasting experience.
- Management of high value, multi-disciplined projects.
- Experience of tender analysis and ability to recognise and highlight ambiguity.
- Experience of working with Framework contracts.
- Degree preferable
- Working towards professional qualification
- Minimum 1-year post grad experience, desirable
The company offer the following benefits as standard:
- 7% Pension contribution with 2x employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 30 days with successful service)
- Potential bonus of 7.5% base salary
- Company Car Scheme
- Company Mobile
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Hybrid Working
Any successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment background checks before an offer will be made.