My client is seeking an experienced Finance and Payroll Administrator on a permanent basis to work within their finance team in Middlesbrough.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding business and as such we are looking for someone who will want to take on additional responsibility over time. Reporting to the finance manager, you will be working from their Middlesbrough office.
The role will involve carrying out both payroll and administrative duties within the finance department.
Your duties will include:
- End to end payroll process for designated 4 weekly and month payrolls to statutory, legislative and locally agreed deadlines
- Maintaining all relevant payroll files in an orderly manner and archive as required.
- Producing spreadsheets and reports and completing ad-hoc duties as and when required
- Dealing with employee wage queries regarding hours worked, wages, mileage and holiday entitlement
- Reconciling carer hours, ensuring that carers are paid the correct amount
- Dealing with unreconciled and missed calls and allocating accordingly
- Monitoring journal and handover notes to help identify any issues or discrepancies
- Identifying issues and discrepancies (i.e. with invoices, calls), taking full responsibility for these and ensuring that they are investigated, followed up and an outcome achieved within agreed timescales
- Communicating with and chasing up of internal and external parties to resolve issues and ensure that a satisfactory outcome is achieved
- Ensuring that all information is recorded on system for future reference
- Sending direct debit forms to bank
- Social Services billing and invoicing of clients
- Chasing up outstanding invoices
- Printing of Payslips
The suitable candidate will have previous finance and administration experience.
- You will have worked in a busy, high volume role and be able to demonstrate the ability to multi-task and work independently.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to take ownership of queries and follow them through to completion.
- Attention to detail and an investigative nature is also essential.
You must have your own transport as travel to other sites will be necessary within the role.
- Previous payroll experience
- Previous finance experience (3 years)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of managing a busy work load
- An investigative nature
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritise tasks
- Strong I.T. skills