I am working with a Thirsk based client as they are looking to add a Legal Secretary to their existing team.
As the successful candidate you will have previous residential conveyancing legal secretarial experience along with a good understanding of residential conveyancing. You will have a good working knowledge of using Windows, Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Outlook and case management systems along with digital dictation systems.
- Copy and audio typing of letters, file notes and conveyancing forms
- Use of case management system to progress matters
- Opening files and preparing client care documentation
- Ensuring that matters are progressed as quickly and accurately as possible
- Dealing with incoming post as delegated by the fee earner
- Recording all correspondence including emails on the case management system
- Carrying out practical steps to progress a file as delegated by the fee earner and dependent on the experience of the secretary (including where appropriate drafting Contract and Transfer and registering the purchase of land at the Land Registry)
- Requesting searches from our search agents
- Ensuring that the outgoing post leaves the office on time
- Taking telephone calls on behalf of the fee earner and assisting callers wherever possible
- Dealing with financial aspects of the files including drawing echits for money in and out as appropriate
- Any other tasks as reasonably delegated by the fee earner or within the practice including providing cover for other secretaries and reception as and when necessary
If you would like further information about this role, please contact Katie Kendall in the Northallerton office.